Bryce took the Phantom 4 Pro out to Castle Crags at sunrise, and caught this glimpse of Narnia.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED
About Pusher Inc.
Pusher is a creative design agency specializing in video production and web design. We strive to build lasting relationships with our clients and collaborators by delivering honest, high-quality results with every project. We feel blessed to be able to live in the mountains and breathe fresh air each and every day while doing our work in a place we love.
Job Opening: Assistant Producer/Editor
Pusher employees enjoy a comfortable and relaxed work environment and the freedom to bring their creative ideas to life on real-world projects. Current and past clients include UCLA, UNICEF Innovation Unit, Meraki (Cicso), Harvard University, Tesla Motors, kaDON, and Study Abroad Italy. If hired, you'll work directly with Pusher's Design Director and have the opportunity to bring all of your creative skills to bare on Pusher's wide variety of projects. In addition to video projects, Pusher often has need for web development and design skills. If this is of interest to you, you'll have opportunities to assist on projects right away.
- Edit original digital video pieces to satisfy client demands
- Create rough and final cuts
- Input music, dialogues, graphics and effects
- Shoot high quality video
- Work well in a team of other producers, directors, crew
- Take projects from a creative brief to completion
- Help develop and review shooting scripts and shot decision lists
- Consult with stakeholders from production to post-production
- Discover and recommend new editing technologies and industry best practices to maximize efficiency
- Proven work experience in video editing, production
- Solid experience with digital technology and editing software packages (e.g. Premiere Pro, After Effects, Final Cut)
- Demonstrable video editing ability with a strong portfolio
- Thorough knowledge of timing, motivation, continuity, composition, camera movement, etc
- Creative mind and storytelling skills
- Attention to detail
Additional skills desired but not required:
- Familiarity with special effects, 3D and compositing
- Audio mastering experience
- Web development experience, particularly hand-coded HTML, CSS, and JS
- Bachelor's Degree in related field
If you're interested in working at Pusher, email us explaining why (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please include a resume and 2-3 references.
We've been fortunate enough to work with these guys and are continually inspired by their passion and musicality! Check out this track by our pal Shoji!
More kaDON filming right here in our hometown! Thanks to the staff of the California Theater for letting us film inside and to Dogwood Diner and Cornerstone Cafe for the catering (actually we just ate there a lot).
Sent Micah to the mountains for a few weeks and this is what he comes back with! Go figure. Too much talent in one kid!
Music Credit: Chris Zabriskie - Is That You or Are You You
Beautiful work by Adam Magyar - subway as camera, photo as video as sculpture.
Thanks Sean / @seanjracing for the tip!
interesting and beautiful use of projection and paper cut-outs to create an immersive scene.
Very cool project by Cy Kuckenbaker in which he painstakingly rearranges a 4 minute static shot of Highway 163 to reveal the color palette of San Diego traffic. Video editing as a means of study, interrogation, and revelation. Dig it.
The images of Cy's mouse movement from the long edit sessions are also interesting -- makers of "digital yarn balls" unite!